CCHIT certified. Powerful and award winning EHR & ePrecribe with full-featured practice management suite. Choose Mac and EHR today.
edgeEHR™ provides powerful tools to improve practice workflow and patient care. Designed with input from doctors, Edge is full featured and easy to use. Increase efficiency and harness the power of EHR. Purchase edgeEHR™ today and get up to $64k per doctor in stimulus money — guaranteed.
Core features include patient demographics, scheduling, appointment reminders, and billing featuring electronic claims management with intuitive reports. Clinical ChartBook™ features pen-based clinical charting and patient education. Optional features include: Epocrates®, TreAura™ and edgeDR™, the only FDA Approved diagnostic digital radiography imaging solution for Mac.
100% CCHIT Certified
CCHIT certification guarantees the product has undergone substantial quality assurance testing and meets the most stringent industry security and usability standards. Our CCHIT certification standards are set out on the CCHIT website.
Get Stimulus Grant
100% Stimulus Grant eligibility guaranteed. Edge guarantees that its product will meet the criteria for stimulus grants for 2011 and beyond. Our software allows physicians to meet the "meaningful use" requirements for grant eligibility or your money back.
To summarize, Edge is the leading all-in-one Mac EHR & Practice Management solution for small to medium sized physician clinics — the best way to apply healthcare information technology to your practice.
EHR & eRx
Get certified — 100% CCHIT certified solution for electronic health records. Unlimited online prescribing with eRx.
Patient Care Advantages
- Instantly view client demographics, medical histories and insurance information;
- Track patient health maintenance;
- Order laboratory tests and view test results;
- Provide decision support at point of care;
- Target specific patients with special care needs (immunizations, treatments, and tests);
- Track patient follow-up activity, patient compliance and patient progress;
- Access patient’s medical records; gain better control over information; quickly access and update patient charts;
- Enter encounter data electronically in patient’s presence;
- Order patient histories instantly from other providers electronically.
eRx (Electronic Prescription Writing)
- Send electronic prescription requests to pharmacies;
- Save time and reduce the risk that hard-to-read handwriting will lead to medical errors;
- Track patient compliance and history of prescription purchases;
- View prescriptions made by other doctors;
- Flag potentially harmful drug interactions using Epocrates.
How Will edgeEHR™ Impact My Finances And Management Of My Practice?
- Streamline practice management processes to capture efficiency gains allowing fewer staff and physician hours devoted to administrative episode and reduced paperwork;
- Reduced risk and liability to doctors;
- Obtain reimbursement payments faster and more efficiently;
- CCHIT certified and 100% stimulus grant eligible;
- Obtain up to $64k for EHR over 5 years including up to $10k for eRx early adoption;
- Remote access to patient records and drug information.
Track Your Patients
Patient demographics database empowers healthcare workers to have all clinical information at their fingertips on demand. All patient data including: clinical, demographic, contact, insurance information, and patient history is stored.
Meet the new demands of Medicare and Medicade for reporting and tracking patient data electronically.
Scale From 10 To 10,000,000 Patients
The patient database has a client/server architecture, which means the network can "scale up" as the practice requires. The software can be installed on multiple machines so staff and practitioners can access patient records stored on a central database from anywhere in the office. There are no software limits on the number of patient files, or the amount of data that can be stored for each patient.
Conversion To edgeEHR™ Is Easy
If you’re already using MediMac® you can look forward to a smooth transition — you can import your existing patient demographics, and little or no training is required to get your office up and running.
Scheduling & Reminders
Patient scheduling is a core activity in any practice. The easy, intuitive, functional workflow makes our product interface best of class.
Smart Scheduling Highlights
- Appointments and patient information are at your fingertips, anytime you like, you can print out a work schedule or export to iCal, for anyone in your office;
- Schedule patients, generate reports, set insurance coverage, and link it all into your billing process;
- TreAura® Reminder sends appointment reminders via home phone, cell phone or email directly to the patient to reduce the hassle of phoning patients or missed appointments;
- Floating transparent menus allow flexibility for organizing your work space the way you want;
- Smart Scheduling optimizes efficiency by minimizing keystrokes required to input patient data.
Reports & Billing
See a patient. Create a bill. Collect money. Print a report.
Prepare and store work estimates for clients. Convert a clinical chart or patient appointment into an invoice once the work is done. Automatically calculates procedure pricing, consumables costs, totals and taxes. Invoice automatically to insurer for reimbursement via EHR Medicare / Medicaid systems.
Output detailed invoices for customers and insurance carriers after the work has been completed and receive deductible payments.
Receive and track payments & discounts from clients, insurers, Medicare and Medicaid. Create an Aging Analysis to automatically identify overdue accounts and calculate the balance due, including any interest.
Easy, powerful reports, created in a fraction of the time as paper based systems. More than 100 reports at your fingertips:
- Demographic reports;
- Clinical history;
- Appointment history;
- Drug interactions;
- Open prescriptions;
- Procedures history;
- Insurance provider;
- Prescription history.
- Billing by day, month, year;
- By doctor;
- Type of procedure;
- Materials and supplies;
- Tax summaries;
- By patient;
- Unpaid invoices;
- Payment type;
- Discounts and pro-bono.
- Cash reports;
- Insurance reports;
- Collection reports;
- Open schedule;
- Schedule conflicts;
- Patient scheduling;
- Staff scheduling.
"If you implement [technology] correctly, it will make you money,” promises James Leavitt, a gastroenterologist in Miami..."The staff there used its EMR to makeover its workflow, getting every physician on board...The result: more than a million dollars in return for the EMR investment."
A testimonial appearing in “Physicians Magazine” from Dr. Leavitt, a Miami doctor, as reported by Pamela Moore.
Get iPhone functionality for your practice using edgeRPM™ (Remote Practice Management).
“Six out of ten doctors prefer iPhones...”
edgeRPM™ is a fully integrated iPhone application that allows doctors to remotely access patient records though a zero footprint interface that ensures security at the highest level as no patient data is ever stored on the device.
edgeRPM™ is an additional module available for a small additional monthly fee, which includes:
- Patient Demographics;
- Remote Scheduling;
- Voice Recognition for Encounter Dictation;
- Patient summary, historical and current medications, allergies, and medical conditions;
- Epocrates Essentials® Online Drug Reference.
- Remote Electronic Prescribing;
- Remote access to laboratory reports;
- Emergency Room Directory and Routing;
- Task Signing and Delegation;
- Touch Based Dental Charting for edgeDMS™
- FDA Cleared Digital Radiography though edgeDR.
Web based digital radiography.
Powered by ResolutionMD Web edgeDR™ empowers providers with FDA Cleared primary diagnostic tools for viewing native DICOM digital radiography studies in an intuitive and easy to use interface.
edgeDR™ is an additional module for all Edge Products.
- MIP/MPR Rendering;
- Oblique & Double Oblique MIP/MPR rendering;
- Curved MIP/MPR Rendering;
- MIP, AveIP, MinIP Slabs;
- Derived MPR & Slab Batch Series;
- Text Annotations;
- Linear, ROI, Point, Angle Measurements, and Volume Measurement;
- 3D MIP & Volume Rendering;
- 3D Bone Segmentation;
- Interactive VOI Clipping;
- MPR shape selection (Scalpel);
- Patented Lens Tool;
- Clinical Modules include Calcium Scoring & Coronary Analysis.
Maximize your EHR with electronic digital charting & imaging.
When edgeEHR™ is installed on the new Mac tablet, you can annotate any image in the Clinical Chartbook and the software will interpret the notes and store the translated text with the images.
The Clinical Chartbook is an electronic depot for storing digital images, X-rays, and DICOM image sets. Practitioners can add annotations to any image in the Chartbook. The Clinical Chartbook allows the doctor to process patient charting quickly and efficiently.
You can also use the Clinical Chartbook to identify problem areas to patients by drawing on the images, and they can sign off on medical procedures right there on the Clinical Chartbook.
The data can be exported so this valuable information can be shared with other doctors to aid with prognosis and treatment of their patients.
Testimonials & Quotes
“In a survey of physicians using EMR... 68 per cent of physicians said their patient safety had improved, 62 per cent said continuity of care improved and 57 per cent reported an increase in the quality of care.”
Survey results published by "ComputerWorld Canada" 07-02-2009 as reproduced by EMR IDG News Service.
‘The key decision to use Edge centered on the ability to customize the assessment screens which allowed us to collect and store data that was relevant to our practice. We did not want to be locked into a "totally canned environment". Like all of us, we all have our own quirks of habits. Edge has done a great job to be receptive to our unique needs and build them into updates..."
Kevin Honsberger BSc.P.T. | Markham ON
"As a practice which has been with DentalMac, iDental... since 1994, we are now very optimistic that we have made the right decision and that our loyalty will be rewarded with the best Mac solution."
George A. Barth, DMD | Sewell, NJ
"Edge Health Solutions has been accessible, approachable, responsive and proactive. I believe it is important for Apple to know that a long time Apple Mac user considers edgeDMS to be an excellent software solution for our dental practice. We would recommend edgeDMS to any dental practice that wants to manage their practice on Mac."
Virginia L. Gregory, DMD, LL | Mt. Pleasant, SC
"Two years ago, when my DentalMac became obsolete, I turned to Edge for my dental software needs. Over the years it has continued to improve, with more and more features. Whenever I call they are ready to assist me with any concerns and are continually developing new aspects to the program. I am happy to say that, without Edge, I would not be able to use the 10 Apples and two ModBooks I have in my office. Soon I will be transitioning to their chartless system and integrating my iPhone as well... Edge is very responsive and friendly!"
Dr. Vasant Ramlaggan | Toronto, ON